Avia B.534, IV. series, airfield Olomouc, oil on canvas, 60x40 cm original painting in the personal collection
Avia B-534 was the main Czechoslovak fighter in pre-WWII period. The first prototype flew in 1933. Above 500 planes were delivered to the Czechoslovak Air Force during years 1935 - 1939.
After German occupation in 1939, all planes were taken by Luftwaffe. These planes were used in Germany as training machines. Some Avia Bk-534 were used also for aircraft carrier landing tests. During WWII Avia was also used as the plane for troop/cargo glider towage on eastern front.
During "Slovak National Uprising" in 1944 the remaining Slovak planes took the opposite side - against Germans. Then one Avia B-534 achieved the last confirmed shoot down by a biplane fighter in WWII - it's victim was Hungarian Ju52.
Giclée reproductions - signed by the author, printed on canvas
- 60x40 cm ( 23,6´ x 15,7´ ) . . . price 70 EUR Another size of reproductions and their shipping costs on request
PAYMENT is supported by: PAYPAL, Western Union, Eurogiro, wireless bank transfer, money order check, cash